Do you know that you can easily replace the screen of your iPhone by yourself, thanks to the repair kits by Giga Fixxoo?
Do-it-yourself may not be for everybody, but it is a great way to experience your own power to take care, manage, and repair your own electronics. And it is fun! Giga Fixxoo makes DIY for iPhone easy. In this post, you’ll follow an easy step-by-step guide on how to change the screen of your iPhone using the Fixxoo DIY kit. These steps will be specific to the iPhone 6.
What you will need to replace the Screen of your iPhone:
- Pentalobe screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- A suction cup
- A small plastic spatula
All tools are included in the kit!
1 – Lift up the iPhone display
- Before starting, make sure to turn off your display. Using the pentalobe screwdriver, remove the two screws on the bottom of the device. Don’t lose these screws!
- Use the suction cup to lift the display out of the phone’s frame.
- If your screen is too damaged, use some tape to create a flat surface for the suction cup to hold on to.
- Place the suction cup close to the home button.
- Pull gently to lift the screen.
2 – Remove the cover and small connectors
- Once you open the device, you will see five small screws on the top right of the device.
- Remove all five screws.
- Make sure to remember where each screw belongs in order to install them later.
- Remove the connectors underneath with the plastic spatula.
3- Transfer home button
- Next, transfer the home button from the old display to the new Fixxoo display.
- Touch ID only works with the original home button.
- Remove the two screws around the home button.
- Remove the small metal cover.
- Underneath there is a small connector.
- Disconnect the connector with the plastic spatula.
- Carefully remove the entire connector unit.
- Press the home button from the front of the screen through to the back, as if you were unlocking your phone.
- Remove the home button.
- Place the home button on the new display.
- Press the home button into the display, put the connector back in place and reconnect it to the screen.
- Place the metal cover back on top of the button and secure it with the two screws.
4- Attach the new Fixxoo display
- Reconnect the four cables removed from step two back into their sockets on the logic board.
- Once the four cables are reconnected, be careful not to move the display too far back so the cables don’t get disconnected again.
- Place the metal cover removed in step two back in its place.
- Secure the middle screw first.
- Reinstall the other four screws.
- Don’t tighten the screws too much.
5 – Secure the screen
- Slowly push the screen down and press it into the frame.
- Start with the speaker and work your way down towards the home button.
- Make sure the display is flush, closed and flat on all sides and there are no gaps.
- Secure the new display with the two screws removed in step one by using the pentalobe screwdriver.
You’re Great at DIY!
That’s it! In under 20 minutes, you have successfully installed a brand new display on your iPhone 6. Giga Fixxoo makes DIY super easy! You can get the Fixxoo screen replacement kit on Amazon. The Fixxoo kits are available for iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and will be coming soon also for the newest models of iPhone.
If you’re more of a visual person, be sure to watch our video (at the top of this post) to guide you through this process. Don’t forget that Fixxoo has a full-service customer care team that will take care of your iPhone screen replacement in case you get stuck! Contact us here.