There have been a lot of problems with the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. iPhone 8 users are dealing with numerous problems such as Bluetooth issues, sound problems, and battery drain. This list covers the main iPhone 8 problems and how to fix them for good.
Before trying any of these methods, you should do one of two things:
- Update to the latest iOS version
- If the latest iOS version is giving you problems, downgrade to an older version
Updating or downgrading iOS usually fixes the most annoying problems until Apple finds a permanent solution.
1. Frozen or Unresponsive Screen
If your iPhone 8 has a frozen or unresponsive screen, you will need to force restart it. Once restarted, you should be able to use your phone again. Here is how to force restart your iPhone 8.
- To force restart your phone, press and release the Volume Up button, then quickly press and release the Volume Down button. Once you do this, you need to press the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo.
- You can also hold down the Sleep/Wake button and slide to Power Off. Then use the Power button to turn your device on again.
If all else fails, your other option is to replace your iPhone 8 screen. You can do this by yourself in under 30-minutes – all you need is the Giga Fixxoo screen repair kit.
2. Wi-Fi Problems
Some users are complaining about issues with Wi-Fi connectivity. Here are some solutions if getting a connection is next to impossible.
- First, make sure the Wi-Fi in your home is working properly. See if another device connects without any issue. If your home Wi-Fi is okay, you can try resetting your device’s network settings.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This clears the device’s network settings and will require you to reconnect your Wi-Fi using the password.
- If that did not work, try forgetting the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect to. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Tap “i” in the small circle of the network you want to forget > press Forget This Network at the top of the screen.
3. Bluetooth Issues
Bluetooth is one of the major headaches of almost any electronic device. The first and fastest solution to fix Bluetooth issues is to restart your device. If that does not work, read on…
- The next piece of advice is to forget the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect to, and then reconnect to it. To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Select the Bluetooth device by pressing the “i” in the circle > press Forget This Device. Now try reconnecting to it.
- If that did not work, go to your iPhone 8’s Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Try reconnecting again.
- The final solution is to reset your phone’s settings to factory defaults. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Still having issues? Are the issues with connecting to Bluetooth in your car? This issue might be with your car’s Bluetooth than your iPhone 8. Consult with the car’s manual or get some help from your brand’s local dealer.
4. iPhone 8 Overheating Issues
Overheating issues on cellphones is a common problem and is easily fixed. If you were watching an HD movie or playing a graphic-intensive game, the heat should go away after a while as you give the iPhone 8 a little break. If not, try these solutions.
- The first solution is to restart your device. This usually fixes any overheating issues.
- The second solution to try is to close all apps that you were using previously. Double-click the Home button to open the app switcher, and then slide up on the app you want to close.
- The third solution is to turn off local services. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle if off.
If all else fails, speak with Apple customer service about further solutions and/or a replacement.
5. Battery Drain
If your battery no longer lasts you a full day or quickly drains from 100% to 80% or lower within just an hour or two – you have a battery drain issue. This could be an issue with apps or settings that are draining too much power. Try turning off mobile data, location services, Bluetooth and anything else you are not using.
If that does not work, your battery is no longer at its healthiest and needs a replacement. The Giga Fixxoo Battery Replacement Kit can help you quickly replace your battery. With all the tools and manuals included with the high-quality replacement battery, you can get going with a new battery in less than 20 minutes.
Did any of these solutions work for you? Share this with your friends and get the word out!