Are you someone who relies on their phone day-in and day-out? Noticed your iPhone 8 battery hasn’t been holding a charge as well recently? Then you’re in luck! Today, we’ll be discussing how you can be up and running with a brand new battery in no time. Replacing the battery in your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 plus has never been easier thanks to the replacement kit from GIGA Fixxoo.
The iPhone 8 Battery Replacement kit includes everything you’ll need: a screwdriver, the Fixxoo tool, a spudger and a spatula. Everything comes together in a neat and handy kit with step-by-step instructions. You can also continue reading here as we’ll walk you through each step.
Our iPhone 8 Battery Replacement Tutorial
1. Remove the two pentalobe screws from the bottom of the iPhone.
2. Carefully lift the screen out of the phone’s frame using the suction cup and thin metal spatula included in your kit. Be sure not to use anything other than the spatula as doing so could damage your phone.
3. Slide the metal spudger along the other side of the phone case to break up the adhesive holding the phone in place. Make sure to only slide the spudger along the top edge of the phone in order to loosen the adhesive. If you’re not careful here, you run the risk of damaging the plastic clips which hold the phone screen in place.
4. Open the screen as you would a book. Once it’s open, you can then access and remove these screws shown in the photo.
5. Remove the battery connector from the logic board using the plastic spatula.
6. Carefully pull the black ends of the adhesives stick to both ends of the battery. Pull slowly and steadily, using an angle of about 60 degrees.
If you accidentally tear one of these adhesives, then you’ll need to turn over your phone and use a regular hair dryer to heat the back of the phone. This will make it much easier to remove the residual adhesive. Next, use a bit of dental floss in a sawing motion along the width of the battery. This will remove excess adhesive and allow you to easily remove the battery.
7. Remove all remaining adhesive from the frame. Place two strips of double-sided adhesive tape in the frame to hold the new battery in place and install it into the device. Attach the connector to the logic board.
8. Place the metal cover on the connector and secure it with the screws you removed previously.
9. Press the screen back into place, making sure to work your way around the sides and top of the screen. Secure everything with the two pentaobe screws.
Voila! You’ve just replaced the battery in your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus – much easier than you expected, right? Now you can go out into the world knowing you won’t have to be constantly searching for an outlet or charger! The iPhone 8 battery replacement is a breeze thanks to GIGA Fixxoo.